- Illinois Online Network: Pointer and Clicker-Asynchronous Discussion Article, Dec. 2002
- Technology and Education Online Discussion Forums: It's in the Response
- JALN Volume 3, Issue 2 - November 1999, Keeping Online Asynchronous Discussions on Topic
- MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, Vol. 2, No. 4, December 2006, An Examination of Online Instructor Presence via Threaded Discussion Participation
- eLearn Magazine, The Missing Instructor: Does E-learning Promote Absenteeism?
- MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, Vol. 4, No. 1, March 2008, Persistence in Online Classes: A Study of Perceptions among Community College Stakeholders
- The Technology Source Archives - Seven Principles of Effective Teaching: A Practical Lens for Evaluating Online Courses