Admissions Application for Degree and Certificate Objective Students
WVNCC General Admissions Application All students must complete a General Admission Application for entrance to Northern. For Health Science applicants there are other requirements that must be met and you should see your Admissions Counselors for details.
To begin your application, read the information below. Then click on 'BEGIN ONLINE APPLICATION' (see above). There is no application fee for this degree seeking application.
General Admission Policy
West Virginia Northern Community College subscribes to an "open door" admission policy. The college admits as a "regular" student anyone who has a high school diploma or the equivalent, and as a "special" student anyone else who can benefit from college instruction.
The following items are to be submitted by degree and certificate seeking students:
- The online degree seeking application
- High school transcript and/or GED™ scores (Applicants who graduated from high school or passed their GED more than 5 years prior to admission and/or have earned 30 or more semester hours of credit at a regionally accredited institution are exempt from this requirement.)
- Home-schooled students must submit written verification of subject mastery.
- International students admitted as full-time students, must demonstrate satisfactory command of English language, evidence of sufficient support funds, and meet standard expectations of the U.S. Immigration Office.
- Standardized placement scores, if available.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary educational institutions previously attended, sent directly from the registrar's office of the previous institution(s).
- If born after January 1, 1957, first-time applicants who plan to be full-time students must submit proof of immunization for rubella and measles.
West Virginia Northern Community College, pursuant to the requirements of Titles IV, VI, VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, gender, ancestry, marital or parental status or national origin in its employment policies and/or educational programs or activities, including admissions to such.
Inquiries concerning this rule should be directed to Chief Human Resource Officer Peggy Carmichael, who is designated coordinator for Title IX and Section 504. Her telephone number is 304-214-8901 and her office is located in Room 125-B, B&O Building, Wheeling campus. Her email address is email@example.com.
Limited Enrollment Programs
Health Science programs have limited enrollment and candidates must submit a special application and service fee. All appropriate records from high school, previous colleges, and standardized placement scores must be received in the Admissions Office before the application is reviewed. Early application is highly recommended. Students who plan on beginning classes in August should apply between October 1 and March 1 of the prior year. Students who plan on beginning classes in January should apply between October 1 and December 1 of the prior year.
Health Science applicants for the limited enrollment programs of Nursing, Respiratory Care, Surgical Technology (AAS or CP) and Health Information Technology need to print and return the Health Science Application in addition to completing a regular degree seeking application.
A number of financial aid programs can assist students in meeting the expenses of attending West Virginia Northern Community College. Awards are made on the basis of need and/or scholastic achievement. Applications and materials may be obtained from the college. Early application is recommended. All male students under age 26 must be in compliance with the Military Selective Services Act.
Veterans planning to receive their Veteran Educational Benefits should contact the West Virginia Northern Community College Veteran Affairs Office to complete the necessary paperwork.