WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
Business Administration, Business Studies
Associate in Applied Science Degree
This option is designed for students who desire to explore the various opportunities available in business. The curriculum will provide a solid general business education and the necessary skills for graduates to enter the work force.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate an ability to market and promote products
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication, organizational, mathematical and managerial skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global economy and its impact on business management
- Demonstrate working knowledge of application software used in the field of business
Graduates of this program can expect to obtain employment in positions such as supervisors, accounts adjustor, operations manager, assistant managers, and customer service representatives.
Graduates can expect to be employed in government agencies, health care facilities, industrial and manufacturing plants, human resource departments, and entrepreneurs. According to the U.S. Labor Department, jobs in the business area rank in the top 10 for the next millennium.
Students who are planning to transfer to a four-year institution to obtain a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration should take the Business Administration Transfer Option, A.S. degree, the Business Administration Transfer Option to Franciscan University 2+2 A.S. degree, or the Business Administration Transfer Option to WLU 2+2 A.S. degree. Students should contact an advisor from the transfer institution as soon as possible regarding transferability of specific courses.