WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
West Virginia Northern Community College has two primary locations in Wheeling. The B&O Building, located at 1704 Market Street at the southern end of the business district, received its name from its original use as the main terminal of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad in the Ohio Valley. It contains the administrative offices of the College, counseling and student services, the College Bookstore, Business Office, Learning Resources Center, Children's Activity Center, classrooms, laboratories, faculty offices and student and faculty/staff lounges.
DIRECTIONS TO WHEELING CAMPUS:
The Wheeling Regional Campus is located in Wheeling, which is in the center of the college's service area. To reach the campus from Pittsburgh, take I-79 South to I-70 West at Washington. Exit on Exit 1-B (Route 2S). Follow 16th Street to Chapline Street and turn left onto Chapline Street. The B&O Building is about 1/2 block on the right. The Hazel-Atlas Building ,which is the other Wheeling campus location, is located at Fifteenth and Jacob Streets. To get to the B&O Building from the New Martinsville campus, follow WV-2 North and take the WV-2 North/18th Street exit towards Downtown. Follow sign to campus.
(NEW) From I-70 eastbound, cross the Ohio River and enter West Virginia. Take the main street exit off of the Fort Henry Bridge. Travel down Main to 16th Street. Make left-hand turn onto 16th Street. Follow 16th Street to Chapline Street. Turn right onto Chapline Street. The B&O Building is located on the right.
FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING SUMMER CLASSES AT THE HAZEL-ATLAS BUILDING
Approaching from I-70 eastbound:
- Take exit #1A/Main Street/Downtown onto Main Street. Continue on Main Street to 16th Street. Turn left on 16th Street and continue to Chapline Street. Turn left onto Chapline Street. Make almost immediate right onto 15th Street. Continue to 15th and Jacob Streets.
Approaching from I-70 westbound:
- Take US-250 south via Exit 1B toward S. Wheeling / Moundsville. Take the
- 16th Street exit. Turn right onto Jacob Street. Continue to 15th and Jacob Streets.
Approaching from the New Martinsville Campus:
- Follow Route 2 north to Wheeling. Take the 18th Street / WV-2 N exit
- toward downtown. Stay straight and then turn right onto 16th Street.
- Stay on 16th Street to Jacob Street. Turn left onto Jacob Street.
- Continue to 15th and Jacob Streets.
Approaching from the Weirton Campus:
- Take OH-7 S to Bridgeport. Take the US-250/US-40/I-70 ramp toward
- Wheeling/Bridgeport. Stay straight to go onto US-250/Lincoln Avenue.
- Turn left onto US-250E/US-40 E, crossing into West Virginia. Merge onto
- I-70 E. Take exit #1A/Main Street/Downtown onto Main Street. Continue on
- Main Street to 16th Street Turn left on 16th Street and continue to
- Chapline Street. Turn left onto Chapline Street. Make almost immediate
- right onto 15th Street. Continue to 15th and Jacob Streets.