WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
Computer Information Technology
Microsoft Applications and Support Desk
Associate in Applied Science Degree
This program provides students with the technical skills required for Microsoft application certification exams and end user support.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
• Use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively to fulfilling business objectives
• Troubleshoot applications and software
• Assist in the design, delivery and improvement of in-house software applications
• Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade PC hardware
• Support the organization in the delivery of training to end users in the organization
Graduates of this program can expect to obtain employment in positions such as computer support specialists, help desk technician, application support analyst, software application trainer, desktop technician and use Microsoft applications in support of business management.
The program course requirements are presented in sequence. Part-time students and others who cannot follow this sequence should check course descriptions in the college catalog to determine prerequisites and, in addition, should consult their academic advisor regarding the order in which they take courses.