WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
Computer Information Systems Specialization, Business Administration 2+2
Associate in Applied Science Degree
Transfer to West Liberty University
Note: The “2+2” term is used to refer to a transfer agreement through which a student completes an Associate degree at one institution and finishes a Bachelor degree at another institution. Due to individual student factors, part-time or full-time status, need for transitional education coursework, scheduling and availability of courses, or other factors, all students may not be able to complete these degrees in two (Associate) or four (Bachelor) years. The term “2+2” does not imply a guarantee that a student will be able to complete all requirements in 4 years.
Further, 2+2 articulation agreements contain very specific requirements which have been agreed upon and approved by the administration and faculty at both institutions. Because of this, petitions for course substitutions will not usually be considered or approved to allow a student to graduate under a 2+2 program.
Students completing this option will receive an Associate in Applied Science degree from West Virginia Northern. Upon completing the additional credit hours required at West Liberty University, they will receive a Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Computer Information Systems.
Students successfully completing and receiving an AAS degree under the 2+2 agreement with WLU should be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze financial statements and information
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication, organizational, mathematical, and managerial skills
- Demonstrate working knowledge of application software used in the field of business and accounting
- Demonstrate a readiness to enter a bachelor degree program with appropriate commitment to attendance, initiative, organization, and interest in the concentration field
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills related to general education curriculum requirements for the 2+2 Associate in Applied Science degree, including the ability to:
- Communicate effectively
- Work collaboratively
- Think critically and solve problems
- View issues from a global perspective
- Conduct basic research using computers
- Appreciate literature and the arts
- Live according to conscious values and ethics
Students are encouraged to meet with members of the faculty at WLU early in their program of study at WVNCC to obtain information and advising concerning the program.
Note: Although a cumulative GPA of 2.0 meets requirements for graduation at WVNCC, students who do not meet the GPA (or other special) requirements at the transfer institution for admission to this baccalaureate program may not be admitted to the program until they are able to meet those requirements. Students should consult with an advisor at the transfer institution early in their program to check on this, and other requirements for admission to the baccalaureate program.