WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
Accounting, Business Career Studies
Certificate of Applied Science
This program is designed to prepare students for an entry-level position in a small business. A basic background is provided in the following areas: accounting, economics, computerized accounting, and payroll accounting.
This certificate program may be transferred to a two-year program leading to an Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Studies.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of the accounting cycle and general financial statements
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic macroeconomic and microeconomic theory
- Demonstrate working knowledge of application software used in the field of accounting and small business
- Demonstrate working knowledge of basic payroll accounting
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication and business mathematical skills
Graduates of this program can expect to obtain employment in entry-level accounting and bookkeeping positions in a small business environment.
|ACC 122 Principles of Accounting I||3|
|BA 108 Administrative Document Formatting||3|
|CIT 117 Microsoft Applications||3|
|ECON 104 Principles of Macroeconomics||3|
|ENG 101 College Composition||3|
|ACC 123 Principles of Accounting II||3|
|ACC 222 Computerized and Payroll Accounting||3|
|ACC 240 Business Taxation||3|
|BA 109 Math of Business and Finance||3|
|BA 265 Business Communications||3|
Total Hours in Program - 30