WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM: Provisional SELECTION PROCESS
The Following Requirements are identified for the Admission Department to process a Completed Nursing Program Application to the Nursing Department.
The Application is available on the Program Website (APPLY ONLINE) and the Nursing Program Website.
The Application may be submitted to any campus service center or by mail to Admissions Department with the $25.00 Non-refundable application fee.
A Nursing Program Application without completed requirements may be submitted to the Admissions Department although it will NOT be submitted to the Nursing Department for review until all requirements are submitted and verified by the Admissions Department.
1. High School Diploma/USA GED - Transcript must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
2. Current and Non-Restricted WVNCC Student by application submission to Nursing Department.
3. Transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
4. Minimal College cumulative GPA of 2.5 / if no college GPA - no completed college courses from any college- HS graduation GPA of 2.5 within last 5 years.
5. Complete college assessment placement testing and meet minimum test scores / successfully complete required developmental courses / transfer in or completion of college level english and math.
6. Submit official TEAS V Test score or HESI A2 Test Score to Admission Department that verifies a composite score of 60 within the last 12 months by application submission to the Nursing Department.
TEAS V- TEST INFORMATION FOR FALL 2014 NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION IS AVAILABLE ON TEAS-V INFORMATION PAGE. THIS INFORMATION PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE TEAS V-TEST. STUDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR THE TEAS V - TEST TO BE SCHEDULED FROM MID NOVEMBER 2013 UNTIL FEBRUARY 1, 2014. PREPARATION BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOOKSTORE OR ONLINE AT WWW.ATITESTING.COM OR WWW.AMAZON.COM .
TEAS V TEST REQUIRED COMPOSITE SCORE WILL BE 60.
CNA OR PCT CERTIFICATE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.
LPN TO ADN TRANSITION PROGRAM WILL ADMIT LAST COHORT FOR CURRENT CURRICULUM MAY 2014. SCHEDULE OF COURSES ARE AVAILABLE IN COLLEGE CATALOG. PLEASE USE THE HEALTH SCIENCE APPLICATION FOR LPN-ADN APPLICATION FOR MAY 2014. LINK IS ON THE PROGRAM PAGE-APPLY ONLINE-HEALTH SCIENCE APPLICATION.
THE WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM IS IN THE PROCESS OF APPROVAL OF A STATEWIDE CURRICULUM CHANGE. THIS CURRICULUM IS AWAITING REVIEW AND APPROVAL BY THE WVNCC CURRICULUM COMMITTEE.
THE NURSING PROGRAM SCHEDULE OF COURSES AND DESCRIPTIONS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AS SOON AS REVIEW PROCESS IS COMPLETED.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED AS OUTLINED ABOVE AND WILL BE INTACT FOR THE FALL 2014 ADMISSION.
PLEASE EMAIL NURSING PROGRAM DIRECTOR LSHELEK@WVNCC.EDU IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.