WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM: Provisional SELECTION PROCESS
The Following Requirements are identified for the Admission Department to process a Completed Nursing Program Application to the Nursing Department.
The Application is available on the Nursing Program Website.
The Application may be submitted to any campus service center or by mail to Admissions Department with the $25.00 Non-refundable application fee.
A Nursing Program Application without completed requirements may be submitted to the Admissions Department although it will NOT be submitted to the Nursing Department for review until all requirements are submitted and verified by the Admissions Department.
1. High School Diploma/GED (US / TASC Test) - Student must provide proof.
2. Current and Non-Restricted WVNCC Student by application submission to Nursing Department.
3. Transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
4. Minimal College cumulative GPA of 2.5 /or if no college GPA - no completed college courses from any college- HS graduation GPA of 2.5 within last 5 years.
5. Complete college assessment placement testing and meet minimum test scores / successfully complete required developmental courses if needed from ACT/SAT or scores on placement testing (ENG90-READ95-Math86)/ transfer in or completion of college level english and math.
6. General Education core courses taken prior to admission accepted for transfer per college policy. Anatomy and Physiology courses must have been completed no longer than 3 years prior to admission. ie: Admission Fall 2015 = AP2 must have been completed no longer ago than Spring 2012. If AP courses completed greater than 3 years prior to program admission they must be repeated.
7. Submit official TEAS V Test score (60 composite) or HESI A2 Test Score (75) to Admission Department that verifies score within the last 3 years by application submission to the Nursing Department.
Appications will be reviewed and provisional acceptance and declination letters will be mailed within one month of evaluation. Applications will be reviewed the first week of every month (March, April, May, June)
If a student is accepted, additional steps to complete will be provided.
If a student is declined, explanation will be provided.
Applications will be reviewed only once per month on the first monday of the month. Final review for Fall 2015 will be on the first monday in June.
NO applications will be accepted after June 1st , 2015. WVNCC Summer hours are Monday thru Thursday. If June 1st is on a weekend.. application must be submitted on Friday before the deadline. There will be no applications accepted after the deadline in the service center of any campus.
TEAS V- TEST INFORMATION FOR FALL 2015 NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION IS AVAILABLE ON TEAS-V INFORMATION PAGE.
THIS INFORMATION PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE TEAS V-TEST. STUDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR THE TEAS V - TEST TO BE SCHEDULED FROM MID OCTOBER 2014 UNTIL MAY, 2015. PREPARATION BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOOKSTORE OR ONLINE AT WWW.ATITESTING.COM OR WWW.AMAZON.COM .
TEAS V TEST REQUIRED COMPOSITE SCORE WILL BE 60.
A HESI 2 score must be 75.
CNA OR PCT CERTIFICATE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.
THE WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM IS A MEMBER OF THE WV CONSORTIUM OF ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING (WVCADN). THIS COMMON CURRICULUM WILL BE UTILIZED BY WVNCC, WV SOUTHERN COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE, BRIDGEVALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, WVU PARKERSBURG AND EASTERN COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE.
THE NURSING PROGRAM SCHEDULE OF COURSES AND DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED AS OUTLINED ABOVE AND WILL BE INTACT FOR THE FALL 2015 ADMISSION.
PLEASE EMAIL NURSING PROGRAM DIRECTOR LSHELEK@WVNCC.EDU IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.