WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM: Provisional SELECTION PROCESS
The Following Requirements are identified for the Admission Department to process a Completed Nursing Program Application to the Nursing Department.
The Application is available on the Nursing Program Website.
The Application may be submitted to any campus service center or by mail to Admissions Department with the $25.00 Non-refundable application fee.
A Nursing Program Application without completed requirements may be submitted to the Admissions Department although it will NOT be submitted to the Nursing Department for review until all requirements are submitted and verified by the Admissions Department.
1. High School Diploma/GED (US / TASC Test) - Student must provide proof.
2. Current and Non-Restricted WVNCC Student by application submission to Nursing Department.
3. Transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
4. Minimal College cumulative GPA of 2.5 /or if no college GPA - no completed college courses from any college- HS graduation GPA of 2.5 within last 5 years.
5. Complete college assessment placement testing and meet minimum test scores / successfully complete required developmental courses if needed from ACT/SAT or scores on placement testing (ENG90-READ95-Math86)/ transfer in or completion of college level english and math.
6. General Education core courses taken prior to admission accepted for transfer per college policy. Anatomy and Physiology courses must have been completed no longer than 3 years prior to admission semester.
7. Submit official TEAS V or ATI TEAS Test score (60 composite) or HESI A2 Test Score (75) to Admission Department that verifies score within the last 3 years by application submission to the Nursing Department.
Appications will be reviewed on April 1 and June 1. The Nursing Program will review applications received by April 1st and make provisional acceptance to no more than 25% of available total campus admission numbers. (ie: 24 available positions on Weirton Campus=6 admission acceptence on April 1st) The Nursing Program will review all applications (not previously accepted) submitted by June 1st and final acceptance and declination letters will be mailed by June 15th.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED FOR REVIEW AFTER JUNE 1ST, 2017. WVNCC summer hours are Monday thru Thursday. If June 1st is on a weekend application must be submitted on Thursday before the deadline. There will be NO applications accepted after the deadline in the service center of any campus. Mailed applications must be postmarked by May 29th.
If a student is declined, explanation will be provided.
If a student is accepted, additional steps will be required to be completed prior to beginning of program course. See Below.
MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO SUMMER REGISTRATION FOR FALL:
Background Check and Drug Screen: Cost approximately $180.00
MUST BE COMPLETED BY AUGUST 1: Cost is variable depending on insurance and choice of testing site.
Physical (WVNCC Nursing Program form required)
Immunizations or blood titers (values) to prove immunity.
Tuberculin skin testing: Two-Step
MUST BE PURCHASED AND IN HAND ON FIRST DAY OF CLASS:
Uniforms: Cost approximately $150.00
White watch with second hand and white leather shoes (full back): Cost approximately $75.00
Laptop purchase if you do not have one: Cost is your option.
Tablet or I-pad for use in clinical setting is suggested but optional. Cost is your option
Book requirements approximately $2500.00 that will be used for the 2 year program.
Stethescope and Blood Pressure Cuff if you do not have one: Cost is your option. The program suggests a Littman.
WVNCC Summer hours are Monday thru Thursday. If June 1st is on a weekend.. application must be submitted on Friday before the deadline. There will be no applications accepted after the deadline in the service center of any campus.
ATI TEAS TEST INFORMATION FOR FALL 2017 NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE WWW.ATITESTING.COM WEBSITE. THIS PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION, PRICING, TIME AND PLACE FOR TEST.
THE ATI TEAS TESTING SITE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT THE SITE AND PAID RECEIPT SHOULD BE BROUGHT WITH YOU TO THE TESTING SITE WITH PICTURE ID FOR ENTRANCE TO EXAM.
STUDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR THE ATI TEAS - TEST TO BE SCHEDULED FROM MID OCTOBER 2016 UNTIL MAY, 2017. PREPARATION BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOOKSTORE OR ONLINE AT WWW.ATITESTING.COM OR WWW.AMAZON.COM .
ATI TEAS TEST REQUIRED COMPOSITE SCORE WILL BE 60.
A HESI A2 score must be 75.
CNA OR PCT CERTIFICATE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.
THE NURSING PROGRAM SCHEDULE OF COURSES AND DESCRIPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE.
PLEASE EMAIL NURSING PROGRAM DIRECTOR IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.