WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
International Students/Foreign nationals who wish to attend West Virginia Northern as nonimmigrant aliens are subject to the following admission procedures:
- Applicants must demonstrate that secondary education has been completed prior to attendance at West Virginia Northern.
- Applicants must supply evidence of satisfactory command of the English language (this applies to student's from countries where English is not the first language of the country) as evidence by a composite Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score (see below), graduation from an American high school or an evaluation by a West Virginia Northern faculty member.
- Applicants who plan to enter the country to attend Northern must indicate that sufficient funds are available for tuition, fees, books, room, board and other expenses through a Notarized Affidavit of Support Form I-134 http://www.uscis.gov/i-134 . Upon registration, applicants must submit to the Business Office sufficient funds for one semester of tuition and fees. A current cost of attendance sheet will be mailed/emailed to student applicants upon receipt of their admissions application. International students will be assessed the out-of-state tuition rate.
- Applicants who plan to transfer to Northern from another institution must supply documentation that satisfactory academic progress has been maintained through an official academic transcript from all prior U.S. institutions.
- Applicants who are already in the United States or upon arriving in the United States must provide copies of their passport, visa, Affidavit of Support (form I-134 and supporting documents), I-94 and I-20, if appropriate.
- West Virginia Northern does not offer financial assistance, workstudy funding, food services, dormitory services, or housing assistance to foreign students.
- Applicants who meet the above requirements and who desire to enter the College will be admitted with all rights and privileges of attendance.
- Tuition and fees will be refunded if an I-20 form is not approved.
Applicants who complete the admission process according to the procedures outlined above must register as full-time students. Failure to do so will result in immediate notification to the Immigration Office. Tuition in this case will be refunded according to the refund schedule in effect at the time.
Applicants who have an approved I-20, have followed all admission procedures and choose not to register will have tuition refunded according to the College's published refund policy and the United States Immigration Office will be notified.
TOEFL SCORES: Paper Based test 500 minimum score, IBT 79 score, Computer Based 213 score, and IELTS 6.5 score.
Questions on the admissions process for international students can be sent to email@example.com