WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
Associate in Applied Science Degree
The Executive Administrative Assistant Option will prepare students with the appropriate skills for employment in today’s offices. General education requirements and specialized course options will enable students to apply current office/business skills, computer applications, and decision-making techniques.
• Microsoft Office I and II - Microsoft Certified Application Specialist:
• Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is recognized as the standard for demonstrating desktop skills.
Upon completion of the Executive Administrative Assistant Option, graduates will be
- Create business documents using word processing software
- Transcribe mailable documents
- Create various types of business documents using spreadsheet and presentation software
- Compose various types of business correspondence applying appropriate writing techniques, accurate spelling, correct punctuation, and proper grammar
- Apply current office/business procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication and mathematical skills
- Create promotional items such as brochures, newsletters, flyers, letterheads, etc., using document design and layout principles
- Integrate electronic office/business skills with decision-making skills
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the accounting cycle
- Demonstrate a knowledge of records management principles and filing procedures in maintaining business documents
- Apply experiences learned through a business internship
The program course requirements are presented in sequence. Part-time students and others who cannot follow this sequence should check course descriptions in this catalog to determine prerequisites and, in addition, should consult their academic advisor regarding the order in which they take courses.