WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College
Computer Information Technology 2+2
Associate in Applied Science Degree
Transfer to Wheeling Jesuit University
Further, 2+2 articulation agreements contain very specific requirements which have been agreed upon and approved by the administration and faculty at both institutions. Because of this, petitions for course substitutions will not usually be considered or approved to allow a student to graduate under a 2+2 program.
Students are encouraged to meet with a member of the Computer Science faculty at WJU early in their program of study at WVNCC to obtain information and counseling concerning the CSC program.
Students completing this option will receive an Associate in Applied Science degree from West Virginia Northern. Upon completing the additional credit hours required at Wheeling Jesuit University, they will receive a Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science. In addition to the WVNCC courses, applicants for admission to WJU need to have an overall grade point average of 2.3 and meet other program admissions requirements of WJU to be eligible under the 2+2 program.*
Students successfully completing and receiving an AAS degree under the 2+2 agreement with WJU in Computer Information Technology should be able to:
- Use structured programming techniques in a high-level programming language
- Use HTML and ASP to design, create, test, and document Web pages and applications.
- Understand basic components of PC networks and operating systems
- Design, code, test and document business related programs
- Understand and use data structures, information storage and retrieval in computer programs
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills related to general education curriculum requirements for the 2+2 Associate in Applied Science degree
- Utilize critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate a readiness to enter a bachelor degree program with appropriate commitment to attendance, initiative, organization, and interest in the profession
*Although a cumulative GPA of 2.0 meets requirements for graduation at WVNCC, students who do not meet the GPA (or other special) requirements at the transfer institution for admission to this baccalaureate program may not be admitted to the program until they are able to meet those requirements. Students should consult with an advisor at the transfer institution early in their program to check on this, and other requirements for admission to the baccalaureate program.