West Virginia Northern Community College

Offices and Services

Consumer Info

In keeping with the provisions of part 178 of the Education Amendments of 1976 and 1980, the following information on costs and financial aid awarding statistics is presented. This information is subject to change by the U.S. Department of Education at any time. Periodic changes will be published and/or in specific financial aid information sent directly to students on aid.

For financial aid purposes, an independent student is defined as a student who meets one of the following criteria: born before January 1, 1993 for the 2016-2017 school year, has legal dependents other than a spouse, is a veteran or active member of the U.S. Armed Forces, married, an orphan or a ward of the court or who may be classified by a financial aid administrator as independent because of other unusual circumstances.

Budgets or the Estimated Cost of Attendance are subject to change based on mandates from the Board of Directors due to changes in economic circumstances.  The Cost of Attendance determines how much aid a student may be awarded.  Tuition, which makes up part of the Cost of Attendance or Budget is $131 per credit hour for the 2016-2017 school year.  Full-time tuition is $1572 per semester for 12 or more hours.

Out of State Tuition is $420 per credit hour for 2016-2017, running $5,040 per semester for 12 or more hours.  Our  Metro Rate for Washington, Greene, Beaver, Butler, and Allegheny counties in PA and Columbiana and Washing Counties in Ohio for tuition is $294 per hour or $3,528 a semester for 12 or more hours. 

There is an allowance in the Cost of Attendance for other items such as Transportation, Living Expenses, Room & Board, and other educational expenses.  Please see our current catalog for further details.

All students seeking specific consumer information about the College's programs, services, facilities, or access for persons with disabilities should contact Student Services at their local campus.

RECORD KEEPING: All students are required and have the responsibility to keep receipts documenting all monies spent for books, supplies, fees, transportation and any educational-related expenses. This information may be needed for income tax purposes, documentation of income for untaxed benefits, etc.

Awards and Accreditations