Students can apply for admission online or submit a paper application. All student records are maintained in the Wheeling Admissions Office. Students in New Martinsville and Weirton may submit application materials to their respective campuses or directly to the Admissions Office in Wheeling. Application materials include, as appropriate:
- A signed application for admission to the College or completion of the College's online application.
- A separate Allied Health or Nursing application, including fee, if a student is seeking admission to a limited-enrollment program.
- A transcript of high school grades or GED™/TASC scores for first-time and transfer students seeking a degree or certificate if the applicant has completed high school or GED™/TASC requirements during the past five years and earned fewer than 30 semester hours from a regionally accredited postsecondary educational institution.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work if the applicant has attended other colleges (see Transfer Student for details). Transcripts must be in original sealed envelope or sent directly from the issuing institution.
- Placement test scores, if available. See Placement Testing page for details.
- A transient student letter from applicants who are registered at another college(s) but are taking coursework at West Virginia Northern. See Transient Student page for details.
- Proof of immunization for measles and rubella. All first-time students and out-of-state transfer students enrolling on a full-time basis who were born after January 1, 1957, will be required to provide proof of immunization for measles and rubella. Acceptable documentation is as follows:
- proof that student was born before January 1, 1957,
- copy of permanent health report with report of immunization sent from a high school,
- proof that measles and rubella vaccine was given after one year of age,
- report of immune titer or a positive antibody test proving immunity, or
- history signed by a physician that person had disease (applies to measles only)
Exemptions to this Board of Directors policy are the following:
a. Medical – requires a statement from a licensed physician which certifies that the immunization is or may be detrimental to student's health, or
b. Religious – requires a written, signed and notarized statement of bona fide religious beliefs and opposition to the immunization requirements.
Students must present proof of immunization or exemption prior to enrolling or no later than the end of their first semester of enrollment. Failure to do so will result in all future registration being prohibited until proper documentation is submitted.
All male students age 18-26 enrolling at West Virginia Northern Community College must be in compliance with the Military Selective Service Act. For further information or to register for Selective Service, click here.
Failure to file admission materials may delay or prevent admission and delay the transfer of credits from other institutions. All application materials become the property of the College and will not be returned.
For additional information about admission, contact the Office of Admissions.