Back to News
WVNCC Technical Career Scholarships Available
Students entering technical programs, including those that lead to jobs in the oil and gas industry, can take advantage of more than $150,000 in scholarships at West Virginia Northern Community College.
“We want students to know they can apply for a scholarship to enter the Petroleum Technology program at Northern, for example, and get their tuition and fees covered,” Dr. Martin J. Olshinsky, president of WVNCC, said. “Northern has benefitted from the generosity of several businesses that have donated funds for scholarships, and those funds in many cases have been matched by the state of West Virginia.”
Scholarship funds are available for the following majors: Petroleum Technology, Mechatronics, Health Science, Culinary Arts, Computer Information Technology and Welding Technology-Board of Governors option. To learn more about these scholarships, contact Kelly Dlesk, financial aid counselor, at 304-214-8842, or go online to www.wvncc.edu and click on Offices/Services to access financial aid and scholarship details.
Scholarship funds have been assembled because of the following donations to the WVNCC Foundation:
- Noble Energy, for students entering petroleum related fields, total of $72,000 with state match.
- Chevron Fund through the Community Foundation for the Upper Ohio Valley, for Marshall County high school seniors entering technical fields, $18,240 with state match.
- EQT Foundation, $24,000 for purchase of virtual welders to take to middle and high schools in Wetzel County to demonstrate the concept of welding.
- Ken Dennis Fund through the Community Foundation for the Upper Ohio Valley, $19,438 with state match to support students from Belmont County in Ohio and Ohio County in West Virginia to participate in technical programs.
- An anonymous $10,000 donation, matched by the state, to benefit high school seniors taking technology classes, including Allied Health.
Chat with our team