Education: Pre-K, K Early Intervention, Transfer to WLU, A.A.
Education: Pre-K, K Early Intervention
Associate in Art
Transfer to West Liberty University
Students successfully completing this option will receive an A.A. degree from West Virginia Northern. Upon successfully completing the specified credit hours at West Liberty University, students will receive a B.A. degree in Elementary Education: Major: Early Intervention.
Students successfully completing and receiving an A.A. degree under the agreement with WLU in the Education: Pre-K, K Early Intervention program with WLU will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of human development, developmentally appropriate practice, effects of family and culture on children, educational systems, and exceptionalities.
- Demonstrate a readiness to enter a bachelor’s degree program with appropriate commitment to attendance, initiative, organization and interest in the field.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills related to general education curriculum requirements for the Associate in Arts degree, including the ability to:
- Communicate effectively in oral and written formats.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Employ or utilize information access and literacy skills.
- Acquire a cultural, artistic and global perspective.
- Demonstrate professional and human relations skills.