Social Work 2+2 (Transfer to West Virginia University), A.A.
Social Work 2+2
Associate in Arts Degree
Transfer to West Virginia University
Students completing this option will receive an Associate in Arts degree from West Virginia Northern. Upon completing the specified 61-66 credit hours at West Virginia University, they will receive a Bachelor in Social Work (B.S.W.) Degree.
Students successfully completing and receiving an A.A. degree under the 2+2 agreement with West Virginia University’s School of Social Work should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of the “human services/social work” profession and the evolution of its various delivery systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts, theories, and strategies used in social work/human services
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major theories of psychology and human development
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues related to the ethical standards of the social work/human services professions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the issues related to the needs and problems of different client populations
- Demonstrate knowledge of how social, cultural, family, and individual factors influence needs and affect the delivery of social work/human services
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills related to general education curriculum requirements for the 2+2 Social Work A.A. degree
- Apply knowledge and basic skills related to therapeutic communication and relationships in social work
- Utilize critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate a readiness to enter a bachelor degree program with appropriate commitment to attendance, initiative, organization and interest in the profession