Nursing Selection Process
WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM:
Provisional SELECTION PROCESS
Student Initial Steps
The Following Requirements are identified for the Admission Department to process a Completed Nursing Program Application to the Nursing Department.
The Application is available on the Nursing Program Website.
The Application may be submitted to any campus service center or by mail to Admissions Department with the $25.00 Non-refundable application fee.
A Nursing Program Application without completed requirements may be submitted to the Admissions Department although it will NOT be submitted to the Nursing Department for review until all requirements are submitted and verified by the Admissions Department.
- High School Diploma/GED (US / TASC Test) - Student must provide proof.
- Current and Non-Restricted WVNCC Student by application submission to Nursing Department.
- Transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
- Minimal College cumulative GPA of 2.5 /or if no college GPA - no completed college courses from any college- HS graduation GPA of 2.5 within last 5 years.
- Eligible for College Level English 101 and Math 109/115
- General Education core courses taken prior to admission accepted for transfer per college policy. Anatomy and Physiology courses (both) must have been completed no longer than 3 years prior to admission. ie: Admission Fall 2019 = AP2 must have been completed no longer ago than Spring 2016. If AP courses completed greater than 3 years prior to program admission they must be repeated.
- Submit official TEAS Test score (58 composite) to Admission Department that verifies attempt number and score within the last 3 years by application submission to the Nursing Department.
- TEAS Site:
Applications will be reviewed and provisional acceptance or declination letters will be mailed within one month of priority evaluation (March 1). Applications (new and priority not accepted) will then be reviewed in June.
If a student is accepted, additional steps to complete will be provided.
If a student is declined, explanation will be provided.
Final review for fall 2019 will be on the second Monday in June.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER JUNE 1ST, 2019.
WVNCC Summer hours are Monday thru Thursday. If June 1st is on a weekend, application must be submitted on Thursday before the deadline. There will be no applications accepted after the deadline in the service center of any campus.
Please Contact Program Director by email if Questions.
Revised 9/28/18 JMD