Occupational Development, A.A.S.
Northern recognizes training from approved U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Apprenticeship Training (BAT) programs towards an associate degree. Required courses of study for eligible programs are determined by agreements between the College and the apprenticeship program. Individuals must be enrolled in or have completed the approved apprenticeship program in order to be eligible to enroll in this program.
Those BAT apprenticeship programs which are currently available for the occupational development program are:
- Building and Construction Trades with the Upper Ohio Valley Building and Construction Trades Council AFL-CIO
- Child Development Specialist with Northern Panhandle Apprenticeship Council
- Firefighters with Wheeling Fire Department Joint Apprenticeship Committee
- Plumbers and Steamfitters with Wheeling Plumbers and Steamfitters Joint Apprenticeship Committee
- Weirton Steel Corporation Craft Trades Apprenticeships with Weirton Steel Corporation General Control Committee (16 crafts are included in this agreement).
Chat with our team
General Questions IT / Technology Help