Social Work, (Transfer to WLU), A.A.
Assocaite in Arts
Transfer to West Liberty University
Students successfully completing this option will receive an Associate in Arts degree from West Virginia Northern. Upon successfully completing the additional credit hours required at WLU, they will receive a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree, and may be eligible to sit for the Social Work licensure exam.
Students successfully completing and receiving an A.A. degree under the transfer agreement with West Liberty University’s School of Social Work will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of the “human services/social work” profession and the evolution of it’s various delivery systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic concepts, theories, and strategies used in social work/human services.
- Demonstrate a readiness to enter a bachelor degree program with appropriate commitment to attendance, initiative, organization, and interest in the profession.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills related to general education curriculum requirements for the Associate in Arts degree, including the ability to:
- Communicate effectively in oral and written formats.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Employ or utilize access and literacy skills.
- Acquire a cultural, artistic, and global perspective.
- Demonstrate professional and human relations skills.
- Utilize critical thinking skills.