Your computer system should have the following hardware and software specifications. If your computer system does not have the following specifications, you can use the computers in the library or other labs available at WVNCC.
Blackboard™ Learn Release 9.1 Requirements
Personal Computer Minimum Requirements: Processor: 1.5 Ghz or faster; Memory: 1 Gb of RAM or more
Internet Connection: You are required to have a dependable connection to the Internet. If you do not have a connection at this time, you can research the various providers and choose the service that meets your needs and financial situation. Please keep in mind that the speed and reliability of your connection will directly influence your online learning experience.
- Microsoft Office or software specified by your instructor, CD-ROM: 24X may also be required.
- Instructor-specific Requirements: Your instructor may alter or add to these technical requirements. Please read your course syllabus carefully! Students in need of any Microsoft Office products can receive instructions for downloading these for free by emailing email@example.com from their WVNCC student email accounts.
- OS Supported: Windows XP, Vista, and 7
- Browser Supported: IE7, IE8, and Firefox 3.0 and higher (to 3.6)
- OS Supported: Leopard 10.5 and Snow Leopard 10.6
- Browser Supported: Safari (3.2 and 4.0) and Firefox 3.0 and higher (to 3.6)
Blackboard Learn requires the latest version of Sun JRE 6. The JRE can be downloaded here.
Internet Explorer 8 is tested in Standards Mode. Some known issues can be resolved by using Compatibility Mode.
The following software is free and may or may not be necessary depending on the course. Consult your instructor to see if any additional software is necessary.