WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM: Provisional SELECTION PROCESS
The Following Requirements are identified for the Admission Department to process a Completed Nursing Program Application to the Nursing Department.
The Application is available on the Program Website (APPLY ONLINE) and the Nursing Program Website.
The Application may be submitted to any campus service center or by mail to Admissions Department with the $25.00 Non-refundable application fee.
A Nursing Program Application without completed requirements may be submitted to the Admissions Department although it will NOT be submitted to the Nursing Department for review until all requirements are submitted and verified by the Admissions Department.
1. High School Diploma/GED (US) - Student must provide proof they graduated from an "accredited high school or GED Program"
2. Current and Non-Restricted WVNCC Student by application submission to Nursing Department.
3. Transcripts from all colleges attended must be on file at the college by application submission to Nursing Department.
4. Minimal College cumulative GPA of 2.5 / if no college GPA - no completed college courses from any college- HS graduation GPA of 2.5 within last 5 years.
5. Complete college assessment placement testing and meet minimum test scores / successfully complete required developmental courses if needed from ACT/SAT or scores on placement testing (ENG90-READ95-Math86)/ transfer in or completion of college level english and math.
6. General Education core courses taken prior to admission accepted for transfer per college policy. Anatomy and Physiology courses must have been completed no longer than 3 years prior to admission. ie: Admission Fall 2015 = AP2 must have been completed no longer ago than Spring 2012. If AP courses completed greater than 3 years prior to program admission they must be repeated.
7. Submit official TEAS V Test score or HESI A2 Test Score to Admission Department that verifies a composite score of 60 within the last 3 years by application submission to the Nursing Department.
Appications will be reviewed and provisional acceptance and declination letters will be mailed within one month.
If a student is accepted, additional steps to complete will be provided.
If a student is declined, explanation will be provided.
Applications will be reviewed only once per month on the first monday of the month. Final review for Fall 2014 will be on the first monday in June.
NO applications will be accepted after June 1st , 2014.
TEAS V- TEST INFORMATION FOR FALL 2014 NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION IS AVAILABLE ON TEAS-V INFORMATION PAGE.
THIS INFORMATION PROVIDES INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE TEAS V-TEST. STUDENTS SHOULD PREPARE FOR THE TEAS V - TEST TO BE SCHEDULED FROM MID NOVEMBER 2013 UNTIL MAY, 2014. PREPARATION BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOOKSTORE OR ONLINE AT WWW.ATITESTING.COM OR WWW.AMAZON.COM .
TEAS V TEST REQUIRED COMPOSITE SCORE WILL BE 60.
CNA OR PCT CERTIFICATE IS NOT REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.
LPN TO ADN TRANSITION PROGRAM
WILL ADMIT LAST COHORT FOR CURRENT CURRICULUM MAY 2014. SCHEDULE OF COURSES ARE AVAILABLE IN 2013-2014 COLLEGE CATALOG.
PLEASE USE THE HEALTH SCIENCE APPLICATION FOR LPN-ADN APPLICATION FOR MAY 2014. LINK IS ON THE PROGRAM PAGE-APPLY ONLINE-HEALTH SCIENCE APPLICATION.
THE WVNCC NURSING PROGRAM HAS RECEIVED APPROVAL OF A WV CONSORTIUM OF ASSOCIATE DEGREE NURSING CURRICULUM. THIS CURRICULUM WILL BE UTILIZED BY WVNCC, WV SOUTHERN COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE, KANAWHA VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, WVU PARKERSBURG AND EASTERN COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE. THIS CURRICULUM IS AWAITING REVIEW AND ACCEPTANCE BY THE ACCEDITATION COMMISSION FOR EDUCATION IN NURSING.
THE NURSING PROGRAM SCHEDULE OF COURSES AND DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE AT THIS SITE.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED AS OUTLINED ABOVE AND WILL BE INTACT FOR THE FALL 2014 ADMISSION.
PLEASE EMAIL NURSING PROGRAM DIRECTOR LSHELEK@WVNCC.EDU IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.