Strategic Plan, Mission & Vision
WVNCC Strategic Plan 2022-2025 Trend Statements
West Virginia Northern is a comprehensive community college that provides affordable, quality education and training for all who wish to learn. Northern strengthens our community and empowers individuals to pursue fulfilling lives.
West Virginia Northern Community College will be a trusted and valued community partner in lifelong learning.
- Learner Focused
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Lifelong Learning
- Teamwork & Integrity
- Invest in human capital - Invest in recruiting, onboarding, training, and employee development, cross-training succession planning, and employee satisfaction.
- Invest in technology to increase student success - Invest in technology in key areas such as access, recruitment and admission, advising, instruction, increasing student digital literacy, and improving student engagement.
- Implement an advising model that supports and improves student success - Implement an advising model that addresses individual student needs, provides clear career pathways, and is adaptable to Early Entrance and nontraditional students.
- Expand and improve workforce and economic development in our region and beyond - Expand and improve workforce education programs to prepare students for a regional and global labor market.
- Expand student diversity - Enroll a more diverse mix of students.
Chat with our team
General Questions IT / Technology Help