Strategic Plan, Mission & Vision
West Virginia Northern is a comprehensive community college that provides affordable, quality education and training for all who wish to learn. Northern strengthens our community and empowers individuals to pursue fulfilling lives.
WVNCC will be a trusted and valued community partner in lifelong learning.
- Invest in human capital - Invest in recruiting, onboarding, training, and employee development, cross-training succession planning, and employee satisfaction.
- Invest in technology to increase student success - Invest in technology in key areas such as access, recruitment and admission, advising, instruction, increasing student digital literacy, and improving student engagement.
- Implement an advising model that supports and improves student success - Implement an advising model that addresses individual student needs, provides clear career pathways, and is adaptable to Early Entrance and nontraditional students.
- Expand and improve workforce and economic development in our region and beyond - Expand and improve workforce education programs to prepare students for a regional and global labor market.
- Expand student diversity - Enroll a more diverse mix of students.
West Virginia Northern Community College, pursuant to the requirements of Titles IV, VI, VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or students on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, gender, ancestry, marital or parental status or national origin in its employment policies and/or educational programs or activities, including admissions to such.
Inquiries concerning this rule should be directed to Robert Brak, designated coordinator for Title IX and Section 504. 304-214-8901 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 - 2025 Trend Statements