This summer, come to Northern to accelerate your degree, stay on track for graduation, or explore new interests by taking advantage of the many opportunities available. We offer numerous classes on-campus and online. We look forward to seeing you this summer at WVNCC!
Coming from Another College?
Are you a student at another college looking to join us for summer? If so, visit our Transient Student page, which includes the Transient Student Let's Get Started Guide and other useful information.
Complete our free online application and then check your acceptance letter for important information about how to register for summer classes.
Want to check out all the classes Northern has to offer? Search Schedule Planner to see what options are available. You can leave the search bar blank to see all classes or search for a specific subject. Narrow your search by campus or choose "Distance Education" to see online classes. This will give you a sneak peek at your possible schedule for the upcoming semester without even applying yet!
Here's a quick guide to important dates and payment information for summer.
Still not sure about summer classes? Take a look at just a few of the reasons you should apply today!
- Save Money – Tuition at WVNCC is affordable year-round, but program fees are even lower in the summer, making summer classes a great way to get ahead and save money.
- Keep Focused –Taking one or two general education classes in the summer means fewer credits to focus on in the fall and spring. Fewer credits = fewer distractions = better grades.
- Stay On Track – Summer classes can help you graduate on time. Take a class you missed out on in the fall or spring, or retake a class to improve a previous grade.
- Free Up Your Time – You can easily schedule summer courses around work or family responsibilities, or you can leave yourself plenty of free time to enjoy your summer break.
- Enjoy The Flexibility – Lots of summer classes are short, and many are online, so there’s always a class to fit your schedule. Start a class in May and be done by June, or take the month of June off and start your class after Independence Day.
- Graduate Early – Depending on your program, taking summer courses each year may help you graduate early and move on to your next goal even faster.
- Improve Yourself – Summer courses are great for exploring a new interest, keeping your skills sharp, demonstrating your drive, and setting yourself apart from your peers.