Filing Complaints with Accreditor, State Agency, or Other Relevant Official
Initially, a student should pursue any concern about West Virginia Northern Community College (WVNCC) through the Student Grievance Process that WVNCC provides. Most complaints can be resolved at the college level. For information or questions about this procedure, contact the Vice President of Student Care and Success, 304-214-8845, firstname.lastname@example.org. If your complaint is not resolved at the institution, you may present your complaint as follows:
- If your complaint is associated with WVNCC’s compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, you may file a complaint with the Higher Learning Commission, the agency that accredits the institution.
- If the complaint is in reference to a specific program that holds accreditation, you may contact the appropriate agency to register your complaint: College Accreditation Agencies.
- For all other complaints about WVNCC that are not about compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, you may file a complaint:
- At the West Virginia Community and Technical College System
- To the West Virginia State Attorney General
- For a general complaint, please use the Student Feedback Form located in your Student Portal.