Academic Support Center
304.214.8923 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To empower students to become successful lifelong, and independent learners.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Share your ASC experience with us. Your feedback is critical to the success of our Centers. FEEDBACK PLEASE CLICK HERE!
- Provide interactive academic spaces to reinforce and extend student learning
- Provide a variety of holistic and comprehensive support services and programs that enhance academic success, personal growth, retention, and graduation
- Align programs and services with best practices in student learning theory and addressing diverse student learning needs
- Uphold scholarly integrity and academic honesty in all learning center programs and service
- Maintain a staff of learning center professionals who are consistently connected to the field of learning centers in higher education and learning assistance
- To effectively brand and consistently promote the learning center virtually and on-campus
- Maintain a process of consistent and continual review and quality improvement in programs/services - including analysis of strengths, challenges, and appropriate corrective actions - annually
- Work Ethic & Tenacity
- Communication & Interpersonal Development
- Personal Growth & Responsibility
- Life-Long Learning & Growth Mindset
|Adriana Wolf, M.A., Director of Learning Services||304.214.8952
|Robin Evans, Administrative Assistant||304.214.8923
|Stephanie Smith, Program Associate/Tutoring Coordinator||304.214.8922
|Kristi Aulick, Academic Advisor||304.214.8921
|Ida Williams, ASC Coordinator/Weirton||304.723.7514
|Casey Lyons, Lead Tutor (WRT)||304.723.2282
|Dennis Bills, ASC Coordinator/New Martinsville||304.510.8773
|Candace Wright, Lead Tutor (NM)||304.510.8760
Academic Support Centers (ASCs) are located on all WVNCC campuses. We provide holistic support services including, but not limited to:
- Assistive Technology
- Review & Retest Program
- Retention Initiatives
- Supplemental Instruction
- First-Year Seminar (FYS) Program
- Mental Health Programming & Services
- Student Computer Lab
- Computer/Blackboard Assistance
- Academic Recovery and Counseling
ASCs on Weirton and New Martinsville campuses also house tutoring, developmental fast track programs and accessibility services. Working closely with faculty and other student services staff, WVNCC Academic Support Centers seek to support the development of personal responsibility, self-management, and self-awareness that lead to academic, professional and personal success.
We strive to offer a comfortable, student-centered, learning-focused environment where students of all races, religions, ethnicities, sexual orientations, genders, ages, ancestries, marital statuses, parental status, and abilities are welcome. Peer and paraprofessional tutors help students with the acquisition of content knowledge, critical thinking, and learning/study skills.
Retention and student success initiatives and programs are designed to increase overall retention and graduation rates. The ultimate goal of each ASC is to support students as they become confident, independent learners who persist academically and professionally.