Sign Up For Email/Text Updates

First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:

Mobile Phone:

Records Office

Questions related to graduation should be directed to

Student Rights Related to Records

Admissions records, grade reports, financial aid records, and reports of disciplinary action are consistent with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.  Students are ensured the right to view the information in their own files as outlined in the law and to dispute any items which are believed not to be appropriate for the file.  Copies of most items may be obtained by the student, except copies of documents provided by a third party, such as high school and other college transcripts and immunization records.  A fee is assessed to cover costs.

Directory Information

Directory Information is defined as the following items: a student's name, address, telephone listing, e-mail address, date and place of birth, major field of student, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received and the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended.  Consistent with the law, the College may release all or part of the directory information to any individual or agency requesting information, unless the student has specifically requested in writing that this information not be released.  Such requests must be in writing and submitted to the Records Office no later than the end of the first full week of classes each semester.

Graduation Information

Questions related to graduation should be directed to

Commencement Ceremony Information

Final Grades 

If you require a hard copy of your final grades, please contact the Records Office.  You will need to provide the  name and address where to submit the hard copy.

If you require an academic transcript, please click here to see information.


If you have any questions, please contact

Duplicate Diploma

To request a duplicate diploma, please complete the Request for Duplicate Diploma.  (Click here for the printable form.)

Student Verification

West Virginia Northern Community College uses Degree Verify through the Student Clearinghouse to verify education attendance and graduation information.  Please contact the Student Clearinghouse to obtain education and graduation information.  Their web address is:

Students who require enrollment verification, please log into the Student Portal and click on the National Student Clearinghouse button. 

Verification of attendance (health insurance, loan agencies, day care, OVRTA, good student discount, etc.) can be obtained by contacting the Records Office located in the B&O Building.


Academic Transcripts

eTranscripts are availabe at West Virginia Northern!

By clicking the link below, you can request an official copy of your academic transcript today.  If you attended prior to 1990, you can still request your transcript, but there may be a small delay.  Let's get started!

Request Transcript

If you have any questions, please contact