Academic Resource Center
304.214.8923 | email@example.com
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) provides academic resources and services in the areas of accessibility / ADA accommodations, library, mental health, placement and academic testing, tutoring, and other academic support initiatives to empower students who wish to learn.
To provide a wide range of traditional and innovative resources and services for students to pursue academically fulfilling lives.
All three West Virginia Northern Community College campuses provide student support through the Academic Resource Center which consists of academic support and the library services. The centers located on each campus are staffed by professionals and paraprofessionals who provide academic and personal skill development opportunities. The centers provide students with the following:
- individual and interactive academic spaces
- programs that enhance academic success
- research assistance
- guidance in using their student portal and D2L system
- tutoring support, including an online tutoring option
- ADA accommodation support and services
- mentor students through the FYS class, intended to connect students to the college community
- provide counseling and mental health referrals
- offer individualized placement testing, including test practice
- professionals who provide individualized support to students.