Sign Up For Email/Text Updates

First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:

Mobile Phone:

Title IX

What is Title IX?

Victim Resources 

Laws, Policies and Procedures 


Prevention Resources 



Accessibility Services 

 Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972

"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."

Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972




If you are on the Wheeling Campus, call Campus Security at 304-650-9994.

Aside from contacting a professional advocate, it is always helpful to have someone that you trust and care about with you for support. Reach out to a friend or family member to support you through the process.

You can also contact Stephanie Kappel, who is designated coordinator for Title IX and Section 504. You can reach her at 304-214-8801 or

In the links above, you will find information regarding all areas of Title IX including victim resources.


Report Discrimination, Harassment or Interpersonal Violence to the College

Any interpersonal violence can be reported to any employee of the College. Any complaint of interpersonal violence or any employee who receives a report of an incident will report the incident to a College Administrator or the College Title IX Coordinator.

Four options in reporting an interpersonal violence:

1. Report assault but choose not to pursue charges.

2. Report assault and pursue internal (College) charges.

3. Report assault and pursue criminal charges.

4. Report assault and pursue both internal (College) and criminal charges.

You can contact the WVNCC Title IX Coordinator, Stephanie Kappel, Room 126 B&O Building, Wheeling Campus at 304-214-8801 or


Report to Law enformcement

For your own protection, call the police immediately, especially if the assailant is still in the immediate area. The police will help you whether or not you choose to prosecute the assailant. Reporting a sexual assault isn’t the same thing as prosecuting a sexual assault; prosecution can be determined later. If the sexual assault was perpetrated by another student, the police department will share your report with WVNCC as well. Contact police by calling 911.  


Contact an Advocate for Sexual assault victims

If you would like to contact an advocate, you can do so by calling the Sexual Assault Help Center at 304-243-1783 or by contacting any of the agencies linked here.

Click here for more information regarding WVNCC Student Reporting