Summer Financial Aid
Students interested in applying for financial aid during the summer term are required to complete the 2023-2024 financial aid application in addition to the 2022-2023 FAFSA. For Summer 2023, all summer school aid will be awarded based on remaining eligibility and on the number of credit hours in which you are enrolled. If you plan to attend any course during the Summer 2023 term, your eligibilty will be based on the current award year (2022-2023) as the last semester of the aid year. Summer is referred to as a trailer semester or the last semester of the academic year.
Aid is available only to admitted, degree-seeking students at WVNCC. Non-degree or Transient students are not eligible for federal aid at WVNCC. Students must be meeting satisfactory academic progress guidelines for federal student aid. Students on Financial Aid warning, appeal, or probation/with an academic plan based on previous academic performance, will not be awarded aid until after spring grades have been posted and Satisfactory Academic Progress evaluated.
For financial aid purposes, enrollment status for summer is the same as it is for the regular fall and spring semesters. 12 credit hours are considered full time for undergraduate students.
- You must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours to receive federal student loans.
- Only classes required for your degree completion are eligible for financial aid assistance.
- Year-Round Pell awards require a minimum of 6 credit hours of enrollment in the Summer term.
- Completing the financial aid application does not guarantee aid eligibility.
- No aid is disbursed prior to the first day of your first summer class. Keep this in mind if you register for part-of-term courses.
Available Summer Financial Aid may include:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Workstudy
- WV HEAPS
- WV Invests Grant
- Institutional Scholarships
Please see each fund description for more information.
After planning your schedule for the year with your Academic Advisor, please stop in the Financial Aid Office to discuss your Financial Aid Plan.
Chat with our team
General Questions IT / Technology Help