Federal Direct Student Loans
Federal Student Loans
WVNCC students can borrow Federal Student Loans through the Federal Direct Loan Program.
- Learn more about the Federal Direct Loan Program
- Federal Student Loan Basics for Students brochure
- Time Limitations on Direct Subsidized Loans
2019-2020 Federal Direct Loan Information
- Complete your 2019-2020 FAFSA - WVNCC School Code 010920
- Complete your SPRING 2020 Federal Direct Loan Application - applications will be accepted through May 13, 2020 for the Spring 2020 semester
- Complete your SUMMER 2020 Federal Direct Loan Application
- Complete your Federal Direct Loan MPN
- Complete your Federal Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
Loans Originated and Disbursed after July 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 aid year:
For Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans the current interest rate is 4.53% (fixed). The current loan origination fee (subject to change) is 1.059 percent. For example, the fee on a loan for $1,750 would be $1,750 X 1.059% = $18 so the disbursement would be $1732 ($1,750 - $18)
Students should be aware of their rights and responsibilities as a loan borrower. West Virginia Northern Community College submits all student and parent loans to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), as required by federal regulation, and the information will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
Student Loan Repayment
AFTER GRADUATION - Students who have multiple loans through multiple loan servicers, such as American Education Services (AES) or Great Lakes Higher Education, and the Direct Loan Program will have to make separate payments when you enter repayment unless you consolidate your loans. You can consolidate all your Stafford Loans together with Federal Direct Consolidation Loans. For more information on consolidation go to https://studentaid.gov To monitor all your Student Loans (from any institution or program), access your loan history at https://studentaid.gov.