Sign Up For Email/Text Updates

First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:

Mobile Phone:

Title IX


Policies and Procedures


Prevention Resources 



Accessibility Services 

 Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972

"No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."





If you are on the Wheeling Campus, call Campus Security at 304-650-9994.

Aside from contacting a professional advocate, it is always helpful to have someone that you trust and care about with you for support. Reach out to a friend or family member to support you through the process.

You can also contact Robert Brak, who is the designated coordinator for Title IX and Section 504. You can reach him at 304-214-8901 or

In the link above, you will find information regarding all areas of Title IX including supportive resources.


Report Discrimination, Harassment or Interpersonal Violence to the College

Any violation can be reported to any employee of the College. Any complaint of harassment or interpersonal violence or any employee who receives a report of an incident will report the incident to the Title IX Coordinator or another member of the Title IX Team.

The Title IX Team is as follows:
Complaints or notice of alleged policy violations, or inquiries about or concerns regarding Title IX policy and procedures, may be made internally to:

Robert Brak
Title IX Coordinator
Director of HR & Development

1704 Market Street
Wheeling, WV 26003

Chris Kefauver
Deputy Coordinator for Academic Affairs

Debbie Bennett
Deputy Coordinator for the New Martinsville Campus

Lisa Soly
Deputy Coordinator for the Weirton Campus

Four options in reporting an interpersonal violence:

1. Report assault but choose not to pursue charges.

2. Report assault and pursue internal (College) charges.

3. Report assault and pursue criminal charges.

4. Report assault and pursue both internal (College) and criminal charges.

Report to Law enforcement

For your own protection, call the police immediately, especially if the assailant is still in the immediate area. The police will help you whether or not you choose to prosecute the assailant. Reporting a sexual assault isn’t the same thing as prosecuting a sexual assault; prosecution can be determined later. If the sexual assault was perpetrated by another student, the police department will share your report with WVNCC as well. Contact police by calling 911.  

Contact an Advocate for Sexual assault victims

If you would like to contact an advocate, you can do so by calling the Sexual Assault Help Center at 304-234-1783 or by contacting any of the agencies linked here.

Click here for more information regarding WVNCC Student Reporting